Collecting and Using Your Personal Information
Types of Data Collected
We collect information about you that includes both Personally Identifiable Information and Usage Data. We refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Personally Identifiable Information
When you use our Services, we collect personal information that can be used to identify you such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number. We refer to this as “Personally Identifiable Information.”
When you use our Services, we also collect information about you that does not identify you. We refer to this information as “Usage Data.” Usage Data includes your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain Usage Data automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect Usage Data that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Services. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website or mobile application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with the Services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the Services cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those Services.
Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website or mobile application, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the website and mobile applications and how users use the website and mobile applications. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the website or mobile applications. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the website or mobile applications to see how our users react to them.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a Cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off Cookies.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our Services, including to monitor the usage of our Services, to evaluate and improve our existing Services and develop new products and services and to troubleshoot issues and improve your experience.
- To manage your registration as a user of the Services. The Personally Identifiable Information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Services that are available to you as a registered user.
- To facilitate a transaction. We may use Personal Information to facilitate your purchase of products or services, such as home inspection reports.
- To communicate with you. We use the contact information that you provide us to communicate with you, including via email, telephone call, SMS, and push notifications about our Services. This includes things like responding to questions, comments or requests that you send us. It also includes notifying you of transaction or service updates and changes.
- To provide you information and connect you with others. We may provide you with information about our Services, offers, promotions, news and other information about goods, service and events offered by us or third parties that we think may be of interest to you based on your use of the Services [unless you have opted not to receive such information].
- For business transactions. We may use your information to evaluate or conduct business transactions, including a financing, merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale or transfer of assets, bankruptcy or liquidation.
- For other purposes. We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties to be used for the purpose provided:
- With service providers. We may share your Personal Information with service providers for their use in performing services related to the Services such as web hosting services, or assisting us in analyzing how the Services are used.
- With payment processors: If you purchase products or services through our Services, we may share your Personal Information with a payment processing company such as Stripe. We are not responsible for any information that any such payment processing company collects directly from you.
- With counterparties to business transactions: We may share or transfer your Personal Information in connection with any merger, asset sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business, as well as any financing, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization.We may share or transfer your Personal Information in connection with any merger, asset sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business, as well as any financing, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With home inspection companies: We may share your Personal Information with providers of home inspections with which we have a business relationship in the event that you want to engage a home inspector. We are not responsible for any information that any home inspection company collects directly from you.
- With realtors. We may share your information with realtors that have properties listed on our website if you download a home inspection report for one or more of these properties.
- With paid ad partners: We may use your personal information to send you ads through third parties that are targeted towards your interests.
- With other users: When you share Personal Information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or log in or register through a third-party social media service, we and your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
- With others based on legal requirements: We may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (1) to comply with applicable law; (2) to comply with legal process; (3) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (4) to enforce our terms and conditions; (5) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates and prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; (6) to protect your and our rights, privacy and property; (7) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; and/or those of our affiliates and others; and (8) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- With others based on your consent: We may disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
The Company will retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Location of Processing and Maintenance of Your Personal Information
Security of Your Personal Information
We take our responsibility to protect your Personal Information seriously. We take what we believe to be reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information collected by us from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no method of data transmission or data storage is ever fully secure, error-free, or “hacker proof” and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Information
Our third-party vendors may access, collect, store, use, process and transfer your Personal Information in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Services, including Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Our Services may not be used by anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
By email: support@HomeViewReports.com
By visiting this page on our website: Homeviewreports.com
By phone number: (980) 399.7500